Re: [MV] Cadillac Gage V-100 axle

From: Kenneth Engle (recovry4x4@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 15:31:24 PDT

A word on the locking axles. As far as Bjorn's
question, the differential is a Detriot Locker also
marketed as a "NoSpin." This unit replaces the axle
and spider gears in the differential. It is a positive
locking unit that will provide 100% power to both
wheels. Boyce sells the Detriot for $595. There is a
place in FL (Chuck's Trucks)sells it for like $450.
My tire matching formula that I've posted before will
cause conflict if applied to rear axles with Detroit
Lockers. Most heavy truck suppliers can get the
Detroit for your deuce. 2 of these in the rear and
1000# of cargo can turn a deuce into a wild beast off
road. Bjorn, contact me direct for some extra info on
the lockers.

--- Bjorn Brandstedt <super_deuce@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Have had trouble sending e-mails from AOL, so
> hopefully this one (hotmail)
> will get through.
>
> In the latest issue of MVM is a story about The
> Cadillac Gage V-100 armored
> car. It refers to the differentials as "no-spin"
> types. Does anybody know
> exactly what that is? Limited slip or locking?
> Automatically or manually
> engaged?
> It is interesting because it also states that the
> axles are the same as used
> on the M34 (which should be the same as used on the
> M35, then)
> The article is written by Richard Lathrop.
>
> Thanks,
> Bjorn
> MVPA 19212

> <mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>