Re: [MV] Cadillac Gage V-100 axle

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 19:34:58 PDT

>... It is a positive
>locking unit that will provide 100% power to both
>wheels.

Or 100% to one wheel.

>... 2 of these in the rear and
>1000# of cargo can turn a deuce into a wild beast off
>road.

I have one in the rear of my 715, as well as the front (big mistake). I
would think that having one in both rear axles of a deuce would make turning
harder and more power depleting and putting a Detroit in just one rear would
be even worse as far as turning goes.

With my 715, with Detroits front and rear and in 4wd, it is all but
impossible to turn on a hard surface, I tried ! I like mine in the rear but
they are strange animals to drive on the road, head into a turn and alter
your steering with the throttle for example.

later,

je