RE: [MV] Towing an M38A1

From: Dan Faye (d.faye@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Sep 01 2002 - 12:28:57 PDT

Way back in 1980 I used to own a M38A-1 purchased from the South Dakota
Civil Air Patrol. I had a tow bar bolted to the front bumper and towed it
behind the family van in our way to camping in the Black Hills (400 mile one
way from Sioux Falls). We did that repeatedly and never had any problems.
The electrical system was original 24V so I had a harness with stop-driving
and turning light that I fastened when towing with C-clamps on the two rear
bumpers. The trannies (both three speed and Hi-Low) would be placed in
neutral and I never had any problem (forget about backing out though!). Sure
wish I had this car now! It was a sweet car!

Dan Faye