What have I bought?

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 14:36:35 PDT

I drove my M35 out to Fort Jackson today. They don't have many privately
owned M35s drive up. It took a little effort to get in the gate. I guess
it was out of the ordinary. Picked my stuff up at the DRMO (what does that
stand for anyway?). The dude that helped me load the truck asked me "is
this a commercial vehicle?". I wasn't sure what he meant by that. I think
before I drive it out there again I will paint it all one color and put a
"MVPA" tag on the front. I got more looks out there than I do out in
public.

Anyway I bought something that I don't know anything about. Some one has
already contacted me offering to buy it through Govliquidations. It is two
of these masts for some kind of antenna I guess. They must hold some kind
of pole that would be about 6" in diameter and it will lift the pole about 6
feet. They have a cable that pulls the platform up and they have a square
hole in the middle of the spool for the cable. They are about 8 feet long
and about 10" square. I want to find out what they are and what they are
worth before I email the dude that wants one. No point giving away a
fortune (yea I know they're worthless, just wishful thinking). I assume
they go on a vehicle of some sort or are used in a remote post or something.
Any help would be appreciated. I will try to put a picture on my web site
in the next couple of days.

One more thing, I have been looking at that truck someone posted a message
about at fort Jackson. It's the M220 posted earlier. I love to buy stuff
and with my budget I usually get junk, so this truck is right up my ally.
Question is what would you do with something like this. There is virtually
nothing on it that isn't either crunched or rusted out. It would take more
fuel to haul it to a scrap yard that it is worth. Is there any money in
drive train parts or axles for these old trucks. I have seen one behind a
fire dept. and a friend has one he claims can be had for just the trouble to
haul it off. Is there something I'm missing?

Joe Trapp.