Re: [MV] Big Brother IS watching for sure!

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 07:07:04 PDT

> This makes us safe how? I can't wait for the right case to drop into the
EFF and ACLU's laps to get this terrible set of > laws (Patriot Act)
declared unconstitutional. Give your money to the EFF folks. They do good work.

Hear Hear.
In time, things will swing back and then beyond as they have done to the
right the past 20 years here in the states. Then back again. What
astounds me is the media lack of desire to follow up on most issues dealing
with personal rights VS governmental entities. It's like the 'Teflon'
Ronald Regan had has somehow permeated the entire government. brrrrrrr!

A side thought: Companies are placing wording in their fine print stating
they can change the terms of the contract down the road at any time,
including revoking your license/ownership of whatever it is. Hopefully the
courts will send them packing with a HUGE penalty but in the meantime
people behave as if this were law. The Federal Government has more power
than any corporation. What is to keep them from declaring Mutts and Deuces
illegal and recovering them in 5 years? As far as I can see, nothing save
interested people ( MV? ) whining and bitching at them when they cross the
line. If nobody complains, they presume nobody cares and do whatever weird
idea pops into their collective heads.

If anyone wishes to trade thoughts on the RIAA please contact me off line:
it pertains to personal rights instead of OD toys/tools.

          Paul
        '53 REO M35 Fire Conversion
        '53 AEC Chevy 3/4 Ton