Re: [MV] Big Brother IS watching for sure!

From: Kris Kirby (kris@catonic.net)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 13:01:17 PDT

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Ryan M Gill wrote:
> I think this was originally only for outside the US. The NSA's
> charter enjoined them from working on investigations of Citizens
> inside the US. That was the FBI's job. Now with the Patriot Act, I
> think this is now legal. The CIA can conduct joint ops with the FBI
> and any other agency and look around.

CIA is out of state ops. NSA in in-state ops. The NSA can pick you up and
mail you to Alaska. The CIA doesn't have any power inside of the country
unless you are heavily involved in something happening out of country.

> With enough Govenment agencies saying we help more than hurt, we
> could get some sectors of the government actively encouraging us. The
> Army at the lower levels is already tickled pink that they can ask a
> group to show up with old vehicles that they haven't had in inventory
> and have them in operational condition for their people and civilians
> to see.

Plus mechanically aligned people to service them and drive them....

> We need to keep that up with the local base commanders and
> such. Get enough of them into the Hobby from their side of it and we
> might get a Pro-MV De-mil Bill once they get to Pentagon levels.
> Other wise in 50 years the army will be looking for people that have
> operational M60's and M113's for shows when all of them were cut up.

Indeed. I wonder how accessible our local base commander is.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris@nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"