Re: [MV] Big Brother IS watching for sure!

From: opcom (opcom@vmsone.com)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 20:13:58 PDT

I own an MV because I like big green trucks. I'm in the Texas State
Guard because I desire to serve my State (and by doing so my Country),
and am not young enough for the National Guard. The truck goes with me
sometimes on a local mission, which adds a little more fun as well as
function. I work as an engineer for an IC-chip manufacturer.

Anyone labeling me a 'potential terrorist' is in need of a correction. I
imagine most all MV owners are law abiding and respectable citizens
also. -probably even more respectable than me!

Would the 'gummint' label all these people as 'potential terrorists'
merely to sieze a lot of old jeeps, trucks, and de-milled armor? It is
scary to think of, but I don't think they would do it, I don't see the
gain, unless they want the armor off the street? Something more
sinister?

I look at the NRA and gun owners.. They'll go after them first maybe..
Another reason for MV'ers and NRA'ers to support each others'
organizations. I realize that we are interested in antique or
collectible vehicles, sort of an 'old car club', and not in guns
(necessarily), but these things both fall into a 'tool of war' category,
and like alot of other things of late, such as many common household
chemicals, could be broadly grouped, by some idiots, into a 'tools of
terrorists' category.

Look at Belgium. The nicest people you'd ever want to meet, but they're
so used to having the government do anything it wants, they just accept
it. They're happy, and have a high standard of living for the most part,
but only the super-rich can afford a detached house, or an MV, and
almost no one but no one has a gun, except for maybe a *licensed*
hunting gun. Moslems are a sizeable population, which is no issue,
except that the system is biased so that they can spit on your infidel
religion, but if you spit on the moon god, it is an offense under the
law (you have done a bigoted act -something the peaceful Moslem would
never provoke or do). Can you say PABLUM? Maybe my picture of Belgium is
not accurate, but it is based on having alot of Belgian co-workers tell
me all about it, including the chocolate, the pissing boy, invasions by
foreign powers overthe years, on and on.., and what I am afraid of is
that the USA is going to be turned into.. Belgium! a litle bit of 1984
and THX1138..