M-108 or M-60 wanted (Part 2)

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 20:42:35 PDT

Greetings, Listers:

(Listers...Does that mean we're all leaning to one side? And if so, which
side...?)

Thank you all for your leads in my search for the elusive M-108 2.5-ton
wrecker. I spoke to a nice bunch of folks, but none of the trucks was
exactly what I am looking for. The ones I looked at are missing parts, don't
run, rusted out, wrong booms and winches, etc.

I am now convinced that there are probably a few really nice ones out there,
but they are in the hands of guys who are not selling right now. I am
refining my search so that now I wish to buy a RESTORED M-108 or M-60, and I
have come to terms with the realization that it ain't gonna be cheap.

So here goes again:

Wanted: 2.5-ton wrecker, restored condition, price no object, as long as it's
reasonable. Will purchase outright, of course, but have 1975 Kaiser-Whistler
M35A2 W/W, equipped with power steering, lockout hubs, hard top and full
canvas, DOT compliant running and clearance lights, "stealth" dump body
conversion, low miles/hours, for trade, plus or minus cash.

Thanks, Arthur P. Bloom