Re: [MV] Re: [MV] Who's Vehicle is it?  (was:  Big Brother IS watchingfor sure!)

From: David Ball (vought@msn.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 20:45:30 PDT

We all drive for different reasons but the two most common are profit and
fun.
We as a group maintain and operate our military vehicles for personal
satisfaction. What are the requirements to operate a motor vehicle on
public roads? Well, of course, a driver’s license, and a vehicle that is
licensed to operate on public roads. But what else, well you need to pay
fines that are outstanding to stay licensed, buy fuel, and pay tax on that
fuel.

Sounds like selling the privilege to operate a motor vehicle on public roads
is big business. Well, it is one of the largest in this country. But who
is running this business? The government is. The Government can’t run a
business can they? Motor vehicle licensing is the same as gun licensing.
You have no choice but to do this licensing and registration. From which
right does this stem? None, because the Government has just taken your
rights away and you have signed “applied consent” contracts making operating
a motor vehicle on public roads a privilege.

Does the Fourth Amendment give you the right to drive or the right to be
allowed to drive? As far as your right to own a gun that seems to be waving
in the wind one of two directions. Right now it has to do with
interpretations of the Second Amendment. Was it meant to mean the
individual had the right to own firearms or that the states could form, arm,
and maintain their own militias. Either way, it is designed to bar federal
action only. The Second Amendment is not incorporated by the Supreme Court
to apply to the states. This means that within a state’s own constitution
it can be restrictive as it wishes to be in the regulation of firearms. In
1939, United States versus Miller, the Supreme Court permitted the United
States to make sawed-off shotguns illegal, basically saying these weapons
are not needed to maintain a militia. This has been the basis for all gun
control since 1939.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and
effects against unreasonable searches or seizures, shall not be violated,
and no warrants shall issue, but upon probably cause, supported by oath or
affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the
persons or things to be seized. U.S. Bill of Right 1791, Amendment IV.

Can the Government seize your military vehicle? Can they take your right to
operate a motor vehicle on public roads? You bet with probable cause!

Dave