Re: [MV] New Deuce's

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 21:41:59 PDT

Hi Sam...

> Our local Nat'l Guard got called up and they loaded their gear for the trip
>to Ft. Sill in brand new Deuce's. I was told they resemble the Unimog.
>Anybody got pictures?

I believe you may be referring to one of the family of medium tactical
vehicles (FMTV), which are the new replacements for the M35 and 5-ton
trucks that we drive and love.

I see FMTVs in all the NG yards around here, but usually only when no
M35s are at that facility. BTW, there are still an awful lot of M35s
around here in the Bay Area in NG yards.

Here's the home page for the company that makes the (FMTV)...I don't
see a shopping cart button though. ;)

  http://www.ssss.com/fmtv/index.asp

Enjoy!

PS...my wife was looking over my shoulder just now as I was verifying
the Stewart & Stevenson web site and looking at the FMTV-A1 brochure,
and she said she likes the FMTV-A1! At first she just saw my computer
screen and screamed "NO!" but then she came around. She likes the
seating arrangement, closed cab, and the air conditioning option (OK,
I lied). I'll have to start scanning the GL site for an FMTV for the
wife! ;)

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net