Re: [MV] gun mount

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 07:48:39 PDT

While I was working on my GPW last week..I had to go into my canvas
shop..had not been in it in several years mind you.. I lifted a folded up
piece of canvas to see if there was a roll of nylon cord under it.. I could
not believe what I found..sitting there for the last 3 or 4 years was a
small curved WW2 cradle in new condition for the BAR. It was to mount the
BAR onto the dash of the WW2 Jeeps.. I have the mount also..but had totally
forgotten about the pintel fot the BAR.. Anyone like to see it..I can post a
picture.. They are very - very rare.!! Gene