Winch on 5 ton truck.

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 19:33:43 PDT

Got a buddy who has a 5 ton bridge truck, M139 I believe. What winch was
commonly used on this truck? The winch on his looks like it has a aluminum
gear case. The data plates have been painted over many times. We would like
to know all we can about the winch. Who made it, capacity, model, etc. We
will probably try to strip the data plates enough to get numbers. I was
hoping that someone on the list would know what we had before we messed
anything up.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks to you all, for just being here!!!!!!!!
Keith