Blazer Hard Starting in the morning...........

From: Stu Ellis (stuellis@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 17:49:14 PDT

My problem is solved. My 1009 would be hard to start in the morning when
cold. It would start and run for about 5-6 seconds then dies out. When I
go to start again, you have to grind the starter for a long while to get it
started again. I changed over to manual glow plugs to get them hotter. It
helped but did not totally cure.
 I just changed the pressure switch and fuel heater in the Stanadyne 80 fuel
filter base.
What a difference! It starts right up without even having to touch the gas
petal! It starts and runs like a new truck! If you have this problem I
would change the pressure switch first. Mine was leaking fuel and I believe
allowing air into the system. Then I would try the heater ($30 approx.).

                 Stu
Southern New Hampshire, USA
"Live Free Or Die"

MVPA #14790 MVMVC