Re: [MV] To CDL or not to CDL....

From: michael@tsixroads.com
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 21:44:14 PDT

Does Texas follow the federal CDL guidelines? Somehow I have gotten the idea that a class A was for a truck greater than 26000 OR a trailer over 10,000. I live in Northeast Mississippi. In MS the DOT is only interested in big rigs but in Alabama (where I buy my green stuff) it is a completely different story. You may remember the story about 2 years ago that I posted about an Alabama DOT instructor coming up to me while I was getting fuel and telling me how many laws I was breaking with my 3 axil trailer with a ambulance body on it. One of his points was that since it was 3 axil it was automatically over 10000 and therefore I needed a CDL. I was pulling it with a GMC dually with a GVW of 10000.

Mike
Tishomingo, MS
M1010 and others