Re: [MV] To CDL or not to CDL....

From: micdunn (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Sat Sep 14 2002 - 15:48:19 PDT

"Deuce and a half" means two and a half tons cargo capacity. That is it's
off road cargo capacity. It's on road capacity is 10,000 pounds (5 tons).
Most military trucks and trailers are known by their off road cargo
capacities. The general rule of thumb is to double the off road capacities
to get the on road capacities, z.b. a 5 ton can haul 10 tons on road.
A Deuce and a half weighs about 13,030 pounds (6 1/2 tons) empty and about
23,030 pounds (11 1/2 tons) fully loaded. It is rated to tow 6,000 pounds
cross country and 10,000 pounds on road. At least my data plate says the
above...
-Sarge