Re: [MV] To CDL or not to CDL....

From: Kris Kirby (kris@catonic.net)
Date: Sat Sep 14 2002 - 17:46:01 PDT

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, micdunn wrote:
> A Deuce and a half weighs about 13,030 pounds (6 1/2 tons) empty and about
> 23,030 pounds (11 1/2 tons) fully loaded. It is rated to tow 6,000 pounds
> cross country and 10,000 pounds on road. At least my data plate says the
> above...

Okay -- next question -- can the M35s, etc. actually support carrying a
vehicle on it's bed? (i.e.: as a car transport)

What I'm looking at here is a very good excuse to buy one and keep it
around in car one of our cars breaks down and needs to be moved.

Of course, it would be quite an exercise to figure out how to get a 5500
lb. car onto the back of an M35 safely.

How long/wide are the beds on the M35, M35A2C, and M36A2C? Anyone got any
pictures of the M60 and M108 wreckers?

What are the dimensions of that standard M35? Width, height, etc.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris@nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"