Rooky question Re Heater core hoses on M1008

From: Bruce Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 19:39:27 PDT

I am in the process of installing a heater core. Actually all is done
except the upper heater core hose.
I used a 5/8" hose on the lower port which is the feed, but I noticed
that they went to a lot of trouble to increase the diameter of the
discharge port, Also the fitting on the radiator is also a little
larger. I suspect a 3/4" hose will fit nicely. I thought I'd be smart
and check the manual. Well the 34P calls out two different part numbers
for the feed hose, and the discharge part number is the same as one of
the feed hoses.

This is probably not a big deal, but I was thinking that if you used the
larger hose on the discharge side, it might prolong the life of the core
by reducing the internal preasure on the fins.

Sorry if this isn't exciting politics, etc, but I figured that this
might insert a bit of humor in the list for the old timers.

Bruce MVPA 23824