Re: [MV] Car hauling with a deuce and a half

From: ET Lance-Gómez (etlance@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 17:22:37 PDT

Simple trigonometry will help you calculate the angle between the ramps and the floor. You state the ramp length is 12 ft. This is the
hypotenuse. I don't know the height to the bed, but this is the opposite side. Therefore, the angle will be the arcsine of the opposite
side/hypotenuse. You can also then calculate the distance needed on the floor. This is the cosine of the angle you just calculated
multiplied by the hypotenuse. Easier than it may read. Most calculators can do the calculations automatically for you. Any questions,
just right back.
TED