1008

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 21:46:51 PDT

I tried to send this via the reply button..but, for some reason..they don't
seem to go through..
A friend of mine left Ft Worth this morning headed to here in Colorado
Springs driving his very nice 1008..we were going to celebrate his 77th
birthday tomorrow. Charlie was wounded in the Invasion of Tarawa in WW2.. He
likes MV's..don't know why ??
He and I bought 2 very nice 1008's..both with very low miles.. 120 miles
North of Ft Worth..his "coolant" light came on in the 1008.
He pulled over and had a look..as he opened the hood - the engine
compartment burst into flames.. ..He went to reach into the cab to retrieve
his bag of clothes..and BOOM !! The vehicle exploded and was totally
engulfed in flames..total loss. Charlie came through alright..just a very
saddened man to lose his "buddy" that way.
So guys..keep an eye on the coolant in those CUCV's..!!! Could save you from
a barbeque...!!! Gene