Shipping Large vehicles cross country My recent "good" experienc e

From: Winget, William A CONT JTFCS5G (winget@jfcom.mil)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 06:44:32 PDT

First note, I'm not affiliated with Ray, nor his business, just a recent
customer, and feel it may HELP people to know of good service:

Ray Patton (from the Mil Veh Mag, and MVPA ad's 1-888-536-2023)

He just dropped off my very dead 1944 Autocar and eleven Goat tires for my
Dead DUKW.
We worked about an hour to get the thing off the truck (he had a Flatdeck
semi-trailer standard 4' high or so deck, using aluminum ramps) Seemed the
front tires were not going to align with the ramps after I got the duals
half way down on them, so I had to make an additional ramp for the right
front tire, and with his guidance I was totally successful.

Anyway, I digress. Ray was very helpful unloading the rig, which is not
what I expect out of many drivers. He called ahead of time and frequently to
ensure I was available to receive the load. He coordinated with a friend in
the area, picked up a 1/2 ton Command Car from Montana (Hayes) then swung
through Kansas and grabbed my load and arrived right on time.
Price for shipping a LARGE 2 Axle Semi Tractor was $1375.00 from Kansas to
Virginia based on mileage. Seems closer trips would actually cost more to
make.

If you need something shipped, I can vouch for his service as A1. He lives
in Southern Virginia. Perhaps one of you can use his service. I WOULD
highly recommend a loading ramp, or hire a roll back wrecker to back up to
the trailer and pull the load off, then lower it to the ground if you have a
dead load like I did. Sometimes it saves time, which can be Money....

Regards
W. Winget MVPA 7119
Artillery & Vehicles through German Halftrack
My Web Page: http://home.mindspring.com/~jhooah/index.html