Re: [MV] Car Show and Appreciation

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 14:35:32 PDT

   I am a Big believer in going to Car Shows, any excuse to get the girl out
on the road!! But my big reason is for the Vets. I am a associate member
of a Vietnam Veterans group and with there help, I have a great Vietnam War
display on Trucking in Vietnam. When I go to car shows, I do get mixed
emotions like "thats not right" and "why would you want to own one?" But
I also get the "Thank You's" and "Wow's" that make it all worth it. Once a
lady asked me that question, "Why own one?". I say, "look around at the
vehicles here, show me one that is historic?" If the limo of JFK was here,
thats historic, but not a 57 chevy that your dad and your mom created you in
the back seat"

          But the day that the stones was playing "white horses" on the
radio and a older gentleman started to cry and told me "Thank you" was worth
it. Its not every day when you get to feel that good.

Jeff Houghton
Line Haul Historian
Associate Member of the ATAV