Re: [MV] Car Show and Appreciation

From: J. Lee (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 20:14:30 PDT

That's great, I'm glad you scored some points at the vehicle show, because
this is supposed to be a good part of what this hobby is all about... public
involvement. Unfortunately too few MV'ers seize the opportunity, at least
in this part of the country. Which only makes your efforts more
recognizable and more commendable. Your public displays are helping us all
because its moving the clock back a little when there will be no privately
owned MVs allowed... I think of it like the dooms day clock. lol

When we do these public event things, I like to believe it minimizes the
misunderstandings or apprehensions about people who collects "war toys."
Maybe it even builds a bridge of sorts, where we gain new hobby members,
which is always welcome!

Of course there are no reaching out to some folks because they are going to
fear and campaign against anything military and they hate it when we show
up. But, we can't let that stop us from turning out for the majority who
like to see the vehicles. Rather, we ought to try to keep their wacko
numbers to a minimum by making friends whenever we can. Those others, well,
they will hate us no matter what we do, but so what? Like Jane Fonda said,
"Don't confuse me with the facts."

We've got several events locally (N. Calif) where MV's can take part and I'm
hoping the local MVCC will, but getting them out in the past has not been
all that successful. But, I'll keep trying.

L8r, Jack

Valp L3314 - N
PSI Tug... almost finished (ever hear of a tug that will do 60 mph? hehehe)