Re: [MV] Jeep Found in woods.

From: Steven (evansbrothers@starpower.net)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 04:21:06 PDT

Speaking of "jeeps in the woods", when I was a precocious little tike
(a.k.a.: obnoxious brat) I was sent off to a place in Rock Point, Maryland
called Camp St. Charles for the summer. I remember there was a WWII Willys
and a WWII Dodge, complete with markings, way back in the woods outside the
camp. The place was run by an order of Catholic Brothers, and I asked one if
I could have the vehicles. (What a 10 year old would do with them is not the
point). He said one of the Brothers drove the jeep back from Vietnam, parked
it out there and might need it in case there was ever another war (yeah,uh
huh) and that the Dodge belonged to "Hatchet Harry" a homicidal, lunatic
moonshiner who still stalked the woods looking to kill people, and he might
get mad if I took it. (o-kee-dokee)
I wonder if those vehicles are still there?

Steve
52 M38