Re: [MV] Military Binoculars

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@att.net)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 10:12:15 PDT

Howdy Daryl,

Thanks for the info. Are your binoculars actually marked " Bu Aero U.S.
Navy F.S.S.C. 88-B-320 Mark 21", in that order?

In the listing of models in this binocular site

http://www.oemspace.co.uk/bios/index.htm

they list the Mark 21's as having been made by Bausch & Lomb and Kollsman
but they make no mention of "F.S.S.C. 88-B-320". In my mind it may denote a
contract number such as "Bu Aero U.S. Navy" would denote "Aeronautical
Bureau of the U.S. Navy".

Any others?

Mel Miller