Re: [MV] M37 Engine problems (My Life)

From: william f cox (grntrks@juno.com)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 14:06:57 PDT

Barry,

Well said and very good advice. Anti-sieze compound is extremely cheap (
compared to machine shop and disassembly/reassembly time. The best
compound I've found is from NAPA. I've been using the same can for 20
years-- a little goes a long way. A light coat applied with an acid
brush to the male thread of a fastener is all that is needed. I first
used anti-sieze as a jet engine mech. in the Air Force. We put it on
everything behind the combustion case and were always able to remove the
hardware later.

Good luck,

Frank Cox (grntrks@juno.com)
MVPA 14530