Manually rotating crankshaft on deuce? Tricks?

From: JJ&A (w7ls@blarg.net)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 20:26:28 PDT

    Is there some trick way to rotate the crankshaft on a deuce? I'm
trying to reinstall a hydraulic head on the injection pump and need to
line up timing marks, etc. Tried poking the starter and it never gets
close enough. The big nut on the front of the crankshaft is almost
totally blocked by the radiator mounting stuff. There must be a special
wrench for getting in there?
    Turning the fan doesn't do it. I can back out the injectors, I
suppose. That would take away the compression. Tips? Jim