Re: [MV] Fuel economy....I don't understand

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 18:13:35 PDT

OK boys and girls, I have a question. This big old engine in my M35 can't
hold 55 mph up hill empty. My F-250 with a bob cat on a trailer behind it,
weighs more than the deuce, but can hold 70 mph up hill. My understanding
of physics may not be the best, but the energy required to move the mass of
the trucks at a given speed should be the same for the same amount of
weight. Why can't the deuce hold it's own. If the answer is as simple as
the torque produced by the multifuel is less than that of a 351W ford motor,
I'm sorry to ask a dumb question.

Here's another concern. I know of a diesel guru that can turn up almost any
pump. He has turned up a couple of pumps on some F-700 trucks we have. I
am trying to contact him and ask about the multifuel. Others said the Fords
could not be turned up, but he did it. We have had these trucks for several
years and run them all day some days. No problems. Has anyone out there
been able to get more out of the multifuel and if so will you share this
secret with the rest of us.

For any one concerned about my safety after last weeks brake discussions,
I've ordered some parts from Memphis Equipment and plan to do some serious
work on them (the brakes) this week. Going is good, stopping is a must.

Joe Trapp

From: "tom-nooneofconsequence" <milveh@carr.org>