Re: [MV] CCKW transfer case rebuild update

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 19:03:43 PDT

Technically, and for clarity I believe we are talking about a Banjo axled
GM CCKW transfer case as opposed to a Banjo axled Chevrolet
transfer case (Banjo axled and Chevrolet being redundant as that was all
they had)

The transfer cases between the CCKW banjo and the Chevy look the same
but are different. They have that same odd shape to them, but are different
inside and only have a few interchangeable parts. There were also two
different Chevrolet transfer cases, early and later. The early ones had a
drive thru input shaft and the later ones were like the CCKW ones.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce