Re: [MV] Insurance was Re: [MV] any aircraft on this list?

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 21:38:39 PDT

Hey Joe.

         Someone has to decide that, along with every other 'right' that
comes up. There are people who feel it is their right to carry a concealed
desert eagle in their trousers. I have no real interest in having to carry
firearms to do my grocery shopping, so believe Someone should decide.
         Do I leave it to the voters? As I live in California, where
fruits and nuts grow wild... I'm not really enthusiastic about that
choice. Do I leave it to organized crime? sigh: some are honorable, some
or many are not. Do I leave it to the government? What other choice do I
have? I can occasionally vote out someone who crosses me on what I feel to
be really important.. Unlike presidential elections local ones go by the
actual ( ... ok, the sort of actual ) vote count.
         IMSHO 'Rights' are what you/we can take or can get. Go to Any
other country and your 'rights' change. Rights are not written in stone (
which is good: they can change with the times ). Instead they reflect what
the Masses feel is proper. If the people of a country decide the fools in
charge need to go then they usually do. We in the US are a result of
that. But... sorry. I just can't see that there are ANY rights other than
that we are willing to give our lives or our loved ones for. Maybe that's
why I have a supply of over-burned burgers stashed out back, to protect my
non-functional deuce from the Feds should they decide unilaterally that I
no longer have the right to own a 50 year old MV.
         Don't laugh: I throw a mean burger!

         <g> Paul