Fw: m151a2 wiring harness for M38?

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 08:36:06 PDT

 I seem to remember an article in MV magazine about
 using a M151 wiring harness in a M38 restoration. Seems
 like they had to add one wire to the harness. I am at the point
 where I need a M38 wiring harness, I have seen the M151a2
 front and back harness for $120. It also has turn signals and some
 extra stuff that would not be used. It would be a lot cheaper than
 a M38 harness (I think they are $350 or more). I am still 12 volt
 and would have to do a little adjusting, but CJ style harness is $160.
 I seem to have more time than money and will eventually go 24 volt
 when I get time and a few more parts.

 Any thoughts or Comments?

 M38 (1951 1/4 ton Willys Jeep)
 M151 (1960's and up 1/4 ton Ford or Am General jeep)

 Mike in Iowa
 mleaton@netins.net