Re: [MV] M35 Towing a ford C-700

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 09:07:24 PDT

I think you should consider the way you use the bolt as well as the hardness
of it. It would be very difficult to break a grade 8 bolt that size, unless
you have it attached in an odd way. You would very likely pull the bolt
through a 3/8" plate steel bracket before you would pull the bolt in half.
It may also me able to pull that bolt through the holes in the frame of the
ford as well. Never underestimate the power of a snug fitting washer. Make
sure you have good stuff to attach to and that you are either pulling in
line with the bolt or you use the bolt like a pin with very little play and
3 points of contact. Most things like regular bolts and eye bolts are not
rated to be pulled to the side. I hope that made since.

Drive slow and turn easy, you might make it.
Joe Trapp