Re: [MV] GM 24V Coil part # ??

From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 18:12:12 PDT

No, This would NOT be correct. No such thing as there NEVER were any
military GAS Humvees or CUCV's made. If a gas CUCV were made, (they didn't)
would have been a 12 volt because the CUCV's were all 12 volt except the
starter. AMG did make a civvy gas Hummer with a GM350 in 1994 but was fuel
injected with electronic ignition at 12 volts. Only a few of these were
made in that year ONLY (Civilian) as they sold very poorly. BTW, why would
you assume they made GAS military models? The Gov't wants only diesel
engines in the military system. Presently they are now prototyping a diesel
military motorcycle! Julian Burke