Goes better, stops better.

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 12:05:16 PDT

And the winner is:
     A lot of people gave advice on my brakes for my M35 and Bjorn was the
most on the money. I just spent the past 4 hours removing and rebuilding my
air pack and it was crusty. A lot of oily looking stuff came out of the air
chamber and some of the rubber in the brake fluid part was ripped. Put it
all back on and now I have great breaks. As soon as I get my brake fluid
from Spunky, I plan to change all the hoses. I got them from Memphis along
with the rebuild kit.

Now for the controversial part. I found out the diesel Guru has retired.
Talked to a up and coming Guru at another shop and he told me how to "turn
up" the pump. I don't plan to tell anybody else what he told me because I
spoke with him at length and he had a drawing of my pump. I don't know much
about these pumps, so I'm not giving out advice. I would hate to be the
cause of one of you guys melting your pistons. All that aside, I adjusted
the pump like he told me and now I have a lot more power. I have only
driven it a few miles, so the jury's still out on this one, but the hill
that usually spanks my hiney was no problem on the test run. I'm very happy
today, that could change any minuet, but so far so good. If my truck
performs well on down the rode, I might share some of the advice. By the
way, my truck will use more fuel at the new setting, so there is a trade
off.

Advice is always welcome, that's how we learn,
Joe Trapp