24-12 volt chopper

From: jalberhasky@juno.com
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 12:52:52 PDT

List, just trying to get a feel if there is a market for a 30 cont. amp 24-12 volt DC/DC high speed voltage chopper. One of my Engineers and myself are building a prototype to use in my duece to run 12v items such as radios and lights. These would allow the batteries to stay balanced while running a 30 amp 12 volt load. I know these are available out there but are really big $$$ at this amp rating. Is there any interest out there? If so, we could commercially produce a small number of them. At present, it looks like it could be sold for under $140.