[MV] Info on CUCV kickdown switch.

From: Ted Hintopoulos (hint@northnet.org)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 06:32:38 PDT

I've noticed on several CUCVs that the throttle transmission kickdown switch,
doesn't get activated when the pedal is to the metal.
The shaft barely moves the switch arm, not enough to activate it.
More interestingly, there appears to be no adjustment for it, slotted
mounting holes, etc.

None of the MIL TMs make any mention of it except for its removal
and installation nor does my 84 civi manual.

I know how to make it work, but what did the motorpool do?
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks again!

Oh....remember that thread a long while back regarding spacers and long bolts
being used for no apparent reason; CUCVs, transfer case crossmember and
steering gear and I'm sure elsewhere.
Finally hit me (no not my head, but it would help), the bolt maintains its
torque
much longer then a shorter bolt would without the spacer.
Bolt strech. Whether its really needed or not, I'll not go there.

My $ .000025 worth.

Ted Hintopoulos.