Re: [MV] Info on CUCV kickdown switch.

From: Ted Hintopoulos (hint@northnet.org)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 04:58:47 PDT

At 07:11 PM 9/26/02 -0500, you wrote:
From: T. Bones Morris
>Ted:
>Both my Chilton's and Haynes manuals for Chevy trucks list the following
>method of adjustment for the kickdown switch:

Many thanks Bones!
Last night, I again went through my 84 Civi Manual. Kept focusing
on the Diesel and TH400 pages. Looked at the GENERAL section
of the transmission part, sure enough, there it was......DUHHHHH!

>"After installation of a new switch, press the switch plunger in all the
>way. The switch will adjust itself the first time the throttle is opened
>all the way with the accelerator pedal."

After looking at the switch again; I have it all apart, contacts needed
cleaning,
it did look like the contact throw was adjustable.

>I hope this is some help to you.
Yes it is, thanks. Just what I was looking for.
Just an item that wasn't mentioned in the army TMs.

A fellow lister has asked me about the actual vacuum ranges (values)
of the modulator valve (part at the transmission).
Gonna pick up a new one to find out for myself.
Looks like I need to change mine anyway.

I'll come back with my findings.

Best regards all,
Ted.