Re: [MV] M35 Wheel seals

From: Ron (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 10:52:39 PDT

Memphis Equipt. sells some NOS stuff and some new manufacture...last year
when I had to replace all 4 rear seals they supplied me offshore
manufactured seals which were soft and pliable. Another vendor sent me 30
year old NOS seals which seemed a little on the hard side. The offshore ones
seemed a little closer (pliability wise) to the ones I removed. I chose to
use the new offshore ones. Status report on how well they stand up will
occur when they start to leak.
    Part number is what's in the manual, which is what Memphis wants when
you call to order.
    Go here http://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/find_etm.cfm and in the pin block
put in '071479' . This will get you TM 9-2320-361-34P which is the
latest parts manual. Go back to the first page and enter 'M35' in the 'Title
Text' block and you will get a list of all deuce manuals available. They
won't allow you to download some manuals, but most are yours for just the
time required to download them.
    And this is an example of 'useful' technology...

Ronzo