Re: [MV] a question about military suburban

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@netfox.net)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 04:30:03 PDT

    There may not have been Suburbans spec'd out in the first CUCV program,
but the military did use some Suburbans. I was watching a show on History or
Discovery called something like "Inside the Kill Box - Fighting of the Gulf
War", and I distinctly remember seeing a Desert Tan 3/4-ton 4x4 Suburban
drive by in some of the footage from one of the US camps.
    Does anyone know how these Suburbans were equipped? I would think they
were diesels, and judging by civilian specs, they would have the TH400.
Anybody ever see one? I guess their use was similar to the M1009? I did not
notice a brush guard of any kind, but I can dig out the tape and look for
one. I'm sure it was just a civilian model, painted solid Desert Tan, and
used in limited fashion, but it was still a neat thing to see.

    --Neil