engine cleaning solutions

From: J. Lee (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 10:26:04 PDT

Anyone have a favorite engine compartment/undercarriage cleaning method? I
know we've discussed it before, but seems like its been a few years and
maybe something new is out here.

My old method:

I found that a light application of kerosene sprayed on for a few minutes
followed by a 50-50 soap-water solution like "Grease Eater" (tm) or similar
biodegradable product, then hit it with a pressure washer set in the wide
fan mode. Got to be real careful with the pressure washer!

Then I lightly spray either Armorall (sp?) or silcone on the rubber and even
gloss painted surfaces and it looked like new. Never had a problem, no
paint fade either.

Jack