Re: Best Museum - Bovvy, transport

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 08:09:52 PDT

Hi Doug,

>Next major stop would be Poole, although you should be able to get off
>at the next minor stop and wait for between 1/2 and 1 hour for the next
>train going the other way............

Hey, that isn't as bad as I thought it would be :-)

>If you do get the train to Bovvy, then don't fall for the trick I did.

Hehe, I didn't get caught in that one (but London at 2am with "shaddow
cabs"... that's another story!). As a matter of fact I went in the
middle of the winter and NOBODY was in town. I thought everybody had
died in some sort of plague :-) So guess what I did? I *walked* from
the train station all the way to the museum. It was a wonderful walk. I
even saw where there is an official "Tank Crossing" sign which a piece of
roadwheel rubber lying near it proved wasn't something to take lightly
:-) Only problem was I didn't anticipate time needed to walk and so it
cut deeply into my museum time.

>Agreed. Make sure you get the "korrekt" directions from Andreas, or you,
>like many US servicemen, will find yourself at the wrong Münster, about
>300km wrong.

It's like the difference between schiessen and scheissen. One is
something you say to not get shot and the other when you do get shot :-)
 Germans are real serrious about getting the details right!

Steve