Re: [MV] half track width

From: william f cox (grntrks@juno.com)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 13:50:36 PDT

I cannot answer your question about size and weight, etc.,but can
guarantee you are risking mayhem on the highway with anything lees than a
1 ton and heavy rated gooseneck trailer. A buddy and I attended a 4 th
of July parade 12 miles from home a few years back and trailered an M2
with a 3/4 ton 4 wd and vowed never to do that again. Stopping distance
increased more than four times normal and steering was non-existant over
10 mph.

Find someone with a heavy duty rig to move it for you. Much safer and
less grey hair!

Best wishes,

Frank

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002 09:12:49 -0500 "Buck & Rami Sharp" <bls@inebraska.com>
writes:
> hay guys does anyone know how wide a half track is and how long it
> would be
> without the personnel carrier its the M3 trying to get a trailer to
> get mine
> home and what do you all think about pulling with a 1/2 ton dodge is
> the
> approx. 5 ton too much for the rearend to displace i do not have a
> 3/4 ton
> with a full floater and last night a nice guy from out of town
> stopped buy
> the liquor store and he just happens to have a half track for sale
> also.. IM
> thinking sweet 2 is better than 1. thanks guys as always the list
> was a
> little slow this week must be lots of wrench turning going on keep
> it up
> guys and what does everyone have on the list id like to see pictures
> of all
> your different trucks. going to look for different trailers

> <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

Frank Cox (grntrks@juno.com)
MVPA 14530
'45 GMC 353 DUKW