Re: [MV] half track width

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 15:44:32 PDT

OK, I just gotta get in on this one. I don't have the weight of a halftrack
at hand, but if you have one that is complete you are looking at a lot of
weight. That being said, don't try to pull more than your equipment is
rated for. If you don't know the weight of what you want to haul, always
add a little to your estimate. The weakest link is what you need to think
about. It doesn't matter how big you truck or trailer or coupler is, it's
the combination of them all. We often give advice on this list about
pulling things, but remember if you have a problem transporting something,
it can end with a fatal accident. It's just not worth it. If you are
looking at moving a halftrack that is complete don't even think about a
pick-up, Ford or Chevy (sorry dodge guys). From what I remember about
halftracks, they weigh too much for a safe trip behind even a 1 ton truck.

Check your truck, check your hitch and check your trailer. If they all are
not rated for the trip get some that are. Stepping down from the soap box
now.

Joe Trapp

Oh yeah, you other guys are right on the money too.