Re: [MV] Sarge's story time

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 19:24:22 PDT

Well,

On Mail Call (History Channel show) tonight I learned that the notch in
the US dog tags was NOT to wedge inbetween your front teeth if you died,
but rather it was the method for aligning the tag on the stamping
machine. I don't feel bad that I believed the old myth until tonight,
since this old tale was Gunny started off with and then said "WRONG!".

Learn something every day, and sometimes two things if you are lucky :-)

Steve

P.S. The Schmeisser correction I made is indeed fact in case anybody was
wondering if I am a disciple of that rascal Wilde :-)