GSA auctions

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 05:13:22 PDT

BE VERY VERY CAREFUL DEALING WITH GSA

may I offer a word of caution about GSA auctions

This is not rumor happened to me

I bid on an item - I was outbid and not willing to bid higher so I forgot
about auction and did not check again - the person who had bid higher than
me somehow withdrew his bid -- they were never able to tell me how this was
done.

This made me high bidder again - BUT I DID NOT KNOW IT

They do not send written confirmations only emails - the written stuff comes
after you did not get the email and thus did not know to pay for stuff.

They said they sent me email to remit the money - but I never saw it.

 Next thing I got from them was certified letter threatening me with law
suits if I did not pay the assessment they made because I had failed to pay
for an item I won.

By the way the assessment was more than my bid.

I had to send them money for something I did not get -- they would not let
me pay for and take merchandise - just pay the assessment for not paying for
the merchandise - this happened about two months ago -=- I paid and am still
getting threatening letters from what is now 2 agencies that are going to
take me to court

I have receipt where I paid the assessment and have sent to the people who
say I have not - of course I have not had a reply - just more letters about
how the US Govt. is going to take my home, my vehicles, my bank account etc.
If they would take my oldest child I could deal with this, they would send
him back when they had to feed him.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED --- PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK

Everette