GSA and military vehicles

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 12:43:37 PDT

As follow up to my post warning about GSA auctions -- I failed to tell that
this was not my first auction with them. I have purchased before without
any trouble at all, they have been very cooperative.

This problem started when I was out bid and quit following the auction. The
person who outbid me apparently withdrew his/her bid,( I did not know this
could be done) which made me again high bidder BUT I DID NOT KNOW I WAS

They said they sent an email telling me I had won auction and to remit
payment - I NEVER GOT THIS EMAIL - for I had a buyer for the stuff I had bid
on and stood to make some good money on it and for sure would have paid for
it.

And they told me that it was not possible to send written notice of winning
bid, only email notification.

It has gone down hill from there - I paid the assessment, Atlanta sent me
receipt. Chicago says I have not paid and have barred me from auctions - at
least last time I checked I was barred. I sent Chicago copy of receipt from
Atlanta but seems no one in Chicago can read for I am still getting letters
from them demanding payment and they are adding additional fees.

Everette

Still around the corner there may wait, a new road or a secret gate. Though
I have often passed them by, a day will come, when I shall take, the hidden
paths that run west of the moon and east of the sun.