Military Pintle Hook?

From: John Rozell (jrozell@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 13:30:11 PDT

While digging through my favorite junkyard, I came across a couple of
old pintle hooks and wondered if they were by chance, ex-military, or
just your run-of-the-mill civilian versions.
As compared with what I believe to be military, the only difference I
can see is that it has a bolt and nut holding the top half, while the
military one I have has zerk fittings.
The mystery hooks also have a hole throught the top latch for a big
cotter pin attached to a chain to hold it down. On one side of the top
hook, MS 513352 is stamped, and on the other is KHM. The number 7073215
is cast on the edge of the attachment plate.
I checked volume II of All American Wonder, which has a whole page
discussing pintle hooks, and didn't see any listed that looked like
these. But then I came across an Army surplus advertisement that showed
one very similar.
Would any of you guys have any idea what I have? I thought I saw a bit
of olive drab under the flaking yellow, but perhaps that's just wishful
thinking.
Thanks as always.
John Rozell