Re: [MV] Not another "Military only zone"

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 21:43:50 PDT

At 9:48 PM -0400 10/8/02, GOTAM35 wrote:

>First off, my truck is straight from the junk yard. It's paint is bad and
>it's not a pretty site, especially next to a nicely restored one. I have no
>doubt it will be welcomed in our little small town Christmas parade (they
>let my dad pull a buggy with his golf cart), but will I be turned away at
>some of the "celebrations" I am planning to attend, things like "Freedom
>Fest" here in Columbia, SC, where I have seen restored vehicles. I am
>going to check into this as much as possible before I go.

Take it out and show it around. Ask the folks that have a nicer one
places where you'd start on yours as far as restoration. Many of
those nice and cherry MVs at shows started out as non runners in the
first place. If your's is mechanically sound, you're ahead of where
they started.

>Secondly, I felt a little out of place at the Truck show at Spencer a few
>weeks back because I didn't where something that looked military. I plan to

Feh. Wear what you want. Its a hobby. Not a bloody job. I like to
dress up with the Ferret or with the Dingo because I have the kit.
It's by no means mandatory.

[snip]

>Lastly, other than the law, is there any one else I should think about when
>I put the "dummy" gun on the gun mount. Is that a taboo in some circles. I
>have seen dummy guns on other vehicles at the places I plan to go, so I
>don't think it will be a problem, but should I check with the organizers
>when I go somewhere new.

I don't actually have any trouble with guns on vehicles. Its a bit
odd that every single jeep and deuce seems to get dressed with every
single option like a .50 and a fording kit, but if you want to go
ahead. Its not unlike the "Fruit Salad" that one sometimes see's in
vehicles at re-enactments.

--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)