RE: [MV] Reenactors have no right!!! unless they were there

From: G.R. Baker (tired_iron@mounet.com)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 13:50:40 PDT

<I collect and display Military Vehicles I do not wear Military Clothing or
Insignia I am not entitled to.>

        I think reenacting has it's place as do living history displays, but I
don't wear uniforms for this same reason. Our first event after Sept. 11,
2001 was a parade and during the route a large group of people thought we
were active military (even though we were wearing civilian clothes) and
stood at attention then saluted us, many with tears in their eyes. Well at
the sight of this I was toast, balding like a baby. I felt very unworthy
that they mistook me for a soldier.