Re: [MV] Reenactors have no right!!! unless they were there

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 14:36:56 PDT

   Dave did say it right at one part. It reminded him of his dad and
brother and what they did. I believe this is one of the main reasons for
renacting!! When I went to my 1st Civil War renactment, it was not on a
large scale but was impressive enough for me. The encampments were true and
I learned alot, each was very willing to talk about it. I had thought about
it, I would have needed a whole stack of books to learn what I had learned
in one summer afternoon.
   I too had the thinking of not dressing in uniform while driving my M35,
out of respect who served. But this changed my mind. I asked the guys that
were there on how they felt! "They all said do it, just do it right!!!!!"

Jeff Houghton
Vietnam Line Haul Reanactor