re; Reenactors have no right

From: Renactr2@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 14:46:23 PDT

All I can say is that many of the WW2 living history units have the full
support of the veterans of the particular units that they portray. When a
Veteran gives you photos of his tank to paint his markings on your
restoration and applauds your efforts when he sees the vehicle at public
shows, you know you can't be all wrong.
Like some veterans are happy to tell their stories to this generations'
listeners, there are those who are silent and wish to remain so. As I am sure
we would respect their wishes and leave them in peace, so many times and in
so many places, Veterans (WW2, Korea, Nam, the Gulf) have supported our
efforts to provide the public with the opening questions so that the public
can have the opportunity to remember that the wars DID happen, and that our
troops DID serve.
A reenactor in period uniform is a living training aid in these displays.

Cheers,
Jim Burrill, AT1 (NAC)
USN retired
Nam, the Gulf and 20 years in between...and a reenactor